About Philippa Weitz, Director of Training
Philippa Weitz has special interests in counselling and psychotherapy online, especially in both the success of the online therapeutic relationship, and security, confidentiality and jurisdiction. She lectures and teaches widely around working therapeutically and safely online to both independent practitioners and organisationally. She works internationally both as an online therapist and an online supervisor.
She is a qualified teacher, trainer and psychological counsellor with more than 25 years in the mental health sector. Philippa is currently Training Director for The ACADEMY FOR ONLINE COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY, Director of Psychotherapy Services for the Dr Julian Mental Health App, Director of UK Counselling Online, Managing Director of Philippa Weitz Training Ltd. She is one of the professionals advising the Private Practice Hub’s Online Therapy section. She is author/editor of Psychotherapy 2.0: where Psychotherapy and Technology Meet as well as series editor for the Karnac Psychotherapy 2.0 series. She was Commissioning Editor for the UKCP Book Series from 2005 - 2016.
Philippa is also Research & Development Director for ACTO - The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online.
She has lectured, written and trained widely around bereavement counselling, standards of training for primary care counselling, and more recently working online as a practitioner and supervisor.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Registered Member Number 047948
- ISMHO The International Society for Mental Health Online
- ACTO The Association for Counselling and Therapy Online, Professional Member 217
- The Relational School
- The Psychotherapy and Counselling Union
Philippa's main publications which reflect her interests include:
- Weitz, P. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy 2.0: Where Psychotherapy and Technology Meet. London: Karnac.
- Hooper, D. and Weitz, P. (Eds.) (2006). Training and Training Standards: Psychological Therapies in Primary Care. London: Karnac.
- Weitz, P. (2006). Setting Up and Maintaining an Effective Private Practice: A Practical Workbook for Mental Health Practitioners. London: Karnac.
- Weitz, P. (1994). Bereavement and Counselling Skills for GPs, Death & Dying Course. Unpublished.
- Weitz, P. (1989). Adolescents and Bereavement. Bereavement Care. Summer 1989.
- Weitz, P. (1987). Adolescent views of & reactions to loss, grief, and bereavement & their relevance to counselling. M.Sc. thesis. Unpublished.
2016 OLT Diploma in Online Therapeutic Supervision
2015 OLT Diploma in Online Counselling
2014 OLT General Certificate in Online Counselling Skills
2013 BACP Certificate of Proficiency, British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy with
membership of BACP’s Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists, approved by the
Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care, registration certificate
1989 Cruse Bereavement Care Bereavement Counselling Certificate
1987 MSc in Psychological Counselling, Roehampton Institute, University of Surrey
1979 BEd (Hons) in French and Education, Digby Stuart College, University of London
Professional Liability Insurance
Philippa is insured by Oxygen Professional Liability Insurance.